Today more than ever many people are opting to work out from home instead of the gym. Well there are those who can do well with fitness videos but this does not mean that you cannot take care of yourself. The gym is a good place but unfortunately the activities are not custom made. You need workout activities that deal with your need. Why not workout from Home?
Why Workout From Home?
First and foremost, home workouts are more effective and efficient. Most home workout programs are tried and tested plus they always have a nutrition aspect featured in them. Unfortunately, most gym facilities only focus on working the body physically and not in terms of the diet. Working out at home means you save money in terms of the fuel you use to head on to the gym. You will also save time which converts into saving money. Lastly at home you are competing against yourself. At the gym you might sense some sort of intimidation if you have fat to burn. You can wear what you can afford and feel comfortable in, unlike the gym where at times you have to look good while sweating. And the bonus that comes with home workouts is that family members including kids can join in which really boosts your motivation levels.
Home workouts that burn body fat
Before you start working out always ensure that you warm up. You can actually just jog in one spot or you can jump. You can do this for 15 or 20 minutes before continuing with the workouts below.
Working out the upper body
There are exercises that are strictly meant for the upper body. They will also help tone arm fat. These are exercises that deal with your back and shoulders. You will need to do the following:
- Stand straight with your feet together and hands along your body
- Bend slowly so as to put your palms on the floor. Move your hands forward in a slow manner till you are in a plank position
- Count till five in that position
- Do a push up carefully and slowly
- Get up slowly and then repeat
Squats for the lower body
This is a healthy workout for the lower body. This is achieved by doing the following:
- Stand straight and try to be as tall as possible by stretch your body
- Now spread your feet at least two feet apart
- Raise your hands clasping your fingers with the other hand
- Bend your knees as though you were seated on a stool
- Now count till five, stand up and repeat
More Leg work-Lunges
You cannot concentrate on your belly and hips. Your legs also need a break because they are your main source of support. In order to exercise your legs, you can do as follows:
- Stand with your hands by the sides
- Push your right leg forward then slowly lower your body carefully so that your right knee gets into a right angle
- Now count till five then slowly and carefully stand up. Ensure your right leg is brought back to its former position so that you can stand straight.
- Take a deep breath then repeat what you have just done but now with the left leg.
The purpose of this training is to build your muscles and increase strength. For this to happen you will need to contract your muscles against resistance. This is the activity you indulge in after getting used to the upper and lower body workouts. Your muscles get to be freed of fat. In fact, resistance training can increase the levels of burning calories by 7% within a period of 10 weeks. Simply lift some weights and see wonders unravel.Posted by